donderdag 20 december 2018

Camilla: Brother Pheasant's Journey 20



“A severe concussion. We had to monitor a swelling in your right frontal lobe, but it seems to be of the temporary kind, with no complications. Broken collar bone. Bruised ribs.”

The doctor was talking to Dennis about his injuries. The problem was, Sebastian had already dissolved the roof and was putting on a crazy show above the kind doctor’s head. He was flying loops together with Adon, Valva and the White Dragon Dennis had only seen in the Book of Dragons so far.

Sebastian was shouting like a true football fan.

“WHEEEEEEEEHOOOOOOOOO!!!! Yeeeeeeeeeesssssssss!!!!!!! This is your graduation day dude!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEWWW!!!!”

Dennis was trying to listen to the things the doctor was saying. Sebastian was making crazy faces and doing backwards flips. Dennis couldn’t help himself, he burst out laughing. The doctor immediately stopped talking.

“Are you ok Dennis?”

“I’m sorry doctor, I suddenly remembered something funny.”

“That is a good thing. I’m glad you still have a positive outlook Dennis, after all this.”

Sebastian was now pretending to swim across the sky.

Once alone in his room again, Dennis broke open and laughed until tears were streaming down his face.

Sebastian picked him up and they took off in one blinding, celebratory flight through space.

“You did it man!”

“What did I do?” Dennis had to shout really loud to make himself heard.

“You chose LOVE man, and we are all so fricking happy about it!!!!”

Looping, flaming flight patterns through a star-lit sky.

“Uh-oh. Sorry dude. You need to go back.” And before Dennis could blink, Sebastian had thrown him back in his hospital bed and closed the ceiling.

“Wait, what??”

Sebastian was gone and Dennis heard a knock on the door. He pretended to sleep. Someone entered his room and sat down beside his bed.

He opened his eyes and turned his head. He could hardly believe what he saw.

It was Ronald.

He looked awful. He was really pale and had dark circles under his eyes. He looked at Dennis with eyes that could hide nowhere.

“I…I am sorry.”

Dennis didn’t know what to say. He remembered the fear and the humiliation of being beaten.  He didn’t want to be close to Ronald. So he let him go. 

“It’s ok. I’m ok. I hope you will too.”

“I live with my aunt now. Because of what I did, they came to my house and…I had to move. But it’s good. It’s better like this. I wanted to give you this.”

He put a new Golden Dragon on Dennis’ bed. Then nodded and left.

Dennis could see Valva leaving together with Ronald.

This was a good day.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten