donderdag 6 december 2018

Camilla: Brother Pheasant's Journey 6

                                                                                                  Art by Jen Buckley

Pheasant followed little princess' advice. He declared to himself and the rest of the world (at this moment consisting of lots of doors plus one minuscule faerie princess) that he intended to move into the Heart of Hearts. He then let it go and embarked on a new adventure.

This time it was a portal of water. It looked like a gate, but the doors were liquid and rippled like small waves.

This world was a messy one. Some of the tall pine trees in it were jumping up and down, causing shock waves to move through the ground. There were airplanes crashing, people and animals were running around searching for shelter. Some people tried to drive out of the chaos and were driving on arched roads high up in the skies, roads without fences or protection, leaving it only up to the courage or desperation of the driver to make it into a calmer world.

There was a feeling of imminent danger vibrating in the air. The big movements of trees jumping, planes crashing and tsunamis flushing away entire parts of lands were frightening in a way unknown to Pheasant. The force of the Mother, when moving in this world, was really really scary.

Still Pheasant made his way through this world in a way he would never have dared to,  if it wasn't for the fact that he knew that it wasn't 'real'. Or at least, it was only one of many truths.

He found himself at this grey, sad-looking lake, surrounded by scrawny trees and dry hills. He was looking for other beings but found nothing at first until he heard someone sigh deeply and loudly in a bush close by. He collected himself, shook up his colour-cocktailed robe and walked up to the bush.

A small, brown frog was sitting on a branch, shoulders and head hanging down like a faded tulip.

"HI THERE!"

The frog looked up, took a look at this crazy circus bird and lowered his head again.

"HOW ARE YOU? AND WHO ARE YOU? I AM PHEASANT AND I AM ONLY VISITING THIS WORLD."

"I am Frog. What do you mean only visiting? Could you stop shouting by the way?"

"Sorry. I shout without thinking, I guess it is in my nature. I don't know where I will be going next."

"You mean we could actually leave this world?"

"Ehm...I think so. My experience is that you can move through different worlds."

"No one has ever told me that. And I really don't like it here. What do I have to do to leave and go to a different world?"

"Well, I have to go through tests and as a natural outcome of the tests, I move to the next world."

"Aha. And what could a test be?"

"I really don't know. I think you simply have to pay attention to yourself and others. I mean, you could just choose something that will be your test. And really give this world a chance as long as you are here anyway."

Frog was dangling his long, strong legs and his shoulders were still hanging, but there was curiosity and some colour on his cheeks now.

"You are a water being, right? This lake looks really grey and sad. Isn't there something you could do to care for this water?"

"But I don't feel like it" said Frog.

"Oh. Ok."

"I don't feel like anything. And I don't like this world."

"What do you like?"

"I like to swim."

"Couldn't you swim right here, temporarily, until you find a way to a new world? Like give yourself and the lake some fun time?"

"In this mudhole?"

"Yes."

"No way."

Pheasant had a distinct feeling something would happen if Frog were to start taking action right here, but he felt he couldn't really reach him and pushing him was pointless. He hoped that Frog would be lucky enough to be helped by someone who knew how to help him. Or that he would simply start swimming.

When he left Frog to move deeper into this country of turbulence, he was surprised to find himself already at the other side.

"What? I haven't done anything yet!"

Little princess was in one of her yoga poses, stretching and breathing, looking up from between her legs.

"Sometimes letting go is the biggest thing to do. Definitely worth a reward too."

Pheasant rested, watched little princess move like water, had some peanuts and fresh water to drink and then said to his little friend "I would like to dedicate my reward to Frog. I hope he may be safe, be well and be happy."

"Your rewards is yours alone this time. I just can't tell you what it is yet."

Another golden feather landed at Pheasant's feet.

He thought of Aidyl and hoped for a miracle.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten