dinsdag 10 december 2019

Camilla: Violetta and the Pearl 10

The green posters lining the corridoors at school made me nervous. Christmas School Dance. God. I really, really, did not want to go. The problem was, I also really, really wanted to find out what the whole Ruben thing was all about. 

See, I don’t even know how to explain this to Mu. I am almost completely sure I am only attracted to girls. The only times I felt something like a crush, it was always on a girl. I mean I read stuff, so I’m gay, whatever. The thing is, Ruben is freaking me out. I feel like I know the guy. Like really know the guy. Like I have to do my best not to shout ‘hey there you are, where have you been?’-kind of know the guy. Fricking weird.

He looks as freaked out as I every time he sees me. We both literally can’t get out of each other’s ways fast enough when we bump in to each other. And at the same time, I can’t wait to find out more. I’m really hoping he’s stupid and boring and that the whole tension ball in my stomach deflates when he opens his mouth. That would just make things so much easier.

The worst thing is all is that he is one of the guys, the popular ones. Everyone wants to talk to him. Which would normally only make me want to absolutely NOT talk to him, but now I have been caught in some Universal conspiracy and have to try to find out more about a guy in camp popular. 

I do love the fact that I can freak him out too. I would just be able to enjoy it much more if I didn’t go into flight mode every single time I see him. 

Suddenly Mr Riggs was standing behind me. He nodded in the direction of the cheerful posters.

-       Going to the Christmas Party miss Merin?

-       I don’t think so, Mr Riggs. I don’t like parties. In fact I don’t really like people.

-       I see. That is not my impression. Maybe you’re just not that fond of shallow people. 

He threw a dry smile in my direction, scratched his ungroomed beard and slumped off to his classroom.


I guess he had a point. I do like some people.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten