zondag 15 december 2019

Camilla: Violetta and the Pearl 15

Mumu was peeling and chopping garlic and onions. Washing and chopping broccoli. Finely chopping fresh ginger and chili. A splash of olive oil. Then softening the garlic and onions in the heated oil. Adding fresh and thready ginger, chili. Finally broccoli and vegetable stock. Some thyme. After about twenty minutes she pureed everything, but left it chunky. 
Steaming, vibrant green soup in a bowl. Some freshly grounded black pepper on top.

See, that soup that Mumu makes is a miracle to me. I had only known what we call food out of packages before I met Auntie Mu. I did not know what food can do for us when it actually contains life

In the middle of my second bowl, Ruben opened the kitchen door.

-       Ruben! Lovely to see you. Would you like some soup?

-       No thank you Mumu, I just had something to eat.

-       Chrys, you up for a walk?

-       Sure, why not. Mu, I love that soup. It’s my favourite thing in the whole world.

-       I’m glad you like it darling. Food straight from the Great Mother right there.


Long walk up to the hillsides and the old oak trees. Ruben was sharing different favourite songs. One sounded like a Native American song, soft and mysterious.


-       Wow, that is really different.

-       I love it. It is called Cenotes.

-       What? That is crazy.

-       Why is it crazy?

-       I was just watching this documentary the other week about different sacred sites around the world and one of those sites was the Cenotes in Mexico.


-       No way! It’s a place?


-       For real! A cenote is a very special sinkhole, a natural pool filled by rain and water from underground rivers.

-       I had no idea…

-       I couldn’t stop watching the documentary, they call them underground cathedrals. They’re ancient. And the Mayans believed that they were passages to the underworld.

-       Can you believe the coincidence though…

-       Well…I am just wondering if your dream might have been about this. The two moons? Like, there is a source and then the reflection. The moon and its reflection in the water. And like we all get one piece of the puzzle, but we need each other to really get the bigger picture.

-       Wow. That’s deep.

-       I don’t know. I do like the idea that we need each other to really see and feel the big picture. Like there is something much bigger beyond what we can see when we’re alone.

-       That’s not it, I think. I really felt like there was a kind of riddle in my dream. But let’s keep hooking up now and then and see what happens.



-       That’s cool. Let’s do that. Can I hear that song again?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten