zaterdag 21 december 2019

Camilla: Violetta and the Pearl 21


Violetta was weak but left the underground world to go up the earth plane now and then. There was a huge rock next to a river that she was especially fond of. She loved the sound of the water meeting the rocks and the wind moving through the big pine trees.

One day she met a little boy. He looked like a human, but he could see her and seemed unafraid. He just sat down next to her on the rock. 

They sat for wat felt like a long time until he finally introduced himself.

-       I am Kurt. You’re the first Dragon I have ever met, except in my dreams.

-       I am Violetta. You are not the first human I have met. My best friend is human.

-       Wow, I would love to have a Dragon friend. How did you two meet?

-       He took care of me when I was a baby. He was like family to me. 

-       Where is he now?

-       He had to move, some other human threatened to kill him because he was different. So we had to say goodbye. 

All the birds were silent. Only wind and water held Violetta and Kurt in their meeting.

-       I gave him my magic pearl. That is why I am sick and weak. 

-       Now that you mention that, I have seen you in my dreams with a pearl on your chest.

-       That pearl is the reason I can create magic. I gave it away and maybe that was stupid of me. Now my life seems half. 

Kurt was looking at Violetta’s long, slender tail. It was almost transparent. The fins crowning the tail in one straight line looked razor sharp, but folded like rose petals when he touched them.

-       That’s not what I dreamt.

Violetta looked down at his round little face.

-       You are going to have to explain that, little one.

-       I dreamt about you and your friend. I have seen you circle the sky with the pearl on your chest.

Violetta was wondering if she was getting so weak she might actually be imagining things.

-       See, I am just a boy. I don’t know many things. I do know this though, because of what I have seen in my dreams:
If you can give away your most precious dream to someone, it means you have so much magic, you never needed the pearl in the first place. 
It’s an enchanting pearl. Never seen anything like it. But if you can give it away, the magic is really in you.

Burning anger. Outrage. 

But the flame within Violetta changed into a flickering hope in her heart. 
This was crazy, all of this.

It was too late for darkness to repossess the chamber within Violetta that was now lighting up. The knowing took over. The singing in her bones. The remembering. 

Joy and disbelief wired and spread like wild fire within the big, kind Dragon lady.

Violetta lifted her head up high, stood up, blew blue flames of fires straight up into the sky and then took off like a rocket. She blew through dimension portals and wormholes, threw golden light into dreaming fairies, swirled around distant star families and returned just to pick up Kurt from the rock next to the river. She held him so gently in her arms and soared across coast lines and over mountains to thank her new friend.

Violetta had never heard about this Universal law, but felt that it was true. She had never not been complete. Even when she gave away a piece of her soul, she was perfect. Whole. She just forgot. And this little fellow who turned up in a dream in a dream, had just woken her to a bigger, truer dream. 

Warm tears streamed down her long, shimmering face, down onto Kurt who lived his very best dream.

All was well. Perfect. She still had her pearl, on the inside now.



Mumu was in her reading chair, I was on her bed, reading from my notebook.

-       “Dimension portals and wormholes, huh?” Mumu took a bit of her apple. 

-       Well, it is my ending, so I can write it just like I want it, right?

-       Girl…I don’t even have words for what you just did. I knew you could do it. 

-       Thanks Mu.

-       I am going to have to thank you on behalf of our Dragon lady as well.


I looked over at the small sculpture next to Mumu’s bed. The glitter, the dent on her chest, the remaining glue. Looked perfect to me now.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten