donderdag 12 december 2019

Camilla: Violetta and the Pearl 12

We walked down to the playground at the end of the street. I watched my red Dr Martens move under me, my mind was a blank. Once there we both sat down on a swing. I was frantically trying to think of something to say. Nothing. Zip.

-       So listen, I’m not sure how to explain this without sounding like a complete lunatic, so I’ll just go right ahead and say it. 

I couldn’t make myself look at him.

-       Ever since you started at our school I’ve been having these weird dreams…No, no, wait, hear me out. You’re like in my dreams and you’re really trying to tell me things I need to know. Like you told me last week that there are actually two moons! And when I asked you to explain this to me, you just said that I was going to have to look you up. And it’s all like so real and it just feels like we know each other. I mean, I get how this must sound, but…do you recognise any of this? Or am I just going crazy here?

-       I have no idea what I could explain to you…

-       Ok. I’m sorry I came, just forget about this, ok?

He stood up and started walking away in a hurry.

-       Hey! Wait a second, will you?

He turned around and looked like all he wanted was to be somewhere else this very instant.

-       I was going to say, I don’t know about the two moons and stuff, but…I have this really weird feeling that I know you really really well. Like it literally freaks me out.

He exhaled and gave me a big, bright smile.

-       Yeah? So I’m not the only one freaking out?

-       Nope. Fricking weird. And just for the record…I’m not like, interested, if you know what I mean. It’s not like that.

-       I know. That’s why it’s so weird.

-       But maybe we can try to find out what it’s about…?

-       I would like that. We don’t have to tell anyone, but maybe we could meet up now and then and just sort of…see what happens?

-       Deal.

Faded red Dr Martens on neglected sand ground where grass was growing up right through the sand. A whiff of soap and sweat. A weird kind of peace in my belly. 


This felt really ok.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten