vrijdag 6 december 2019

Camilla: Violetta and the Pearl 6

So here’s the thing. I’m quite sure I’m not really normal. Not that it bothers me, it’s just a fact. For example, I can’t make myself care as much about the top layer as everyone else seems to. Like there is this real, true order in the world, with places that still have this special magic to them, but there is a shitload of fakeness built on top of almost every single one of those places. Like a layer of play dough that has little to do with the real power underneath it.

You know, Mr Riggs told us in History class that many ancient sacred sites in the world where people gathered to offer respect and prayers to the earth, the sun, the moon and the elements, have been hijacked by the Church. Hijacked! That’s the word he used. Like they just burnt down whatever was there in the first place and built a big ass church on top of it. That was like the truest thing I have heard in my whole life. I’m quite sure he would be fired if any of the other teachers or the principal would find out he said that. Luckily I’m the only one in class actually listening to what he is saying. 

I mean the man gets it! He was talking about the play dough. And I have a problem with the play dough on top of people too. Like the stuff just sculptured on top of who people really are. It’s boring, predictable and fucking confusing. I wish all the play dough would just vanish, burn to the ground like that famous cathedral in France and just free all the real magic underneath it. 

Like I said, not the kind of things you can discuss with your classmates during lunch break.

I was sitting in Mumu’s kitchen café next to Miss Canter. She would come every week, with a new ailment every time. Mu says what she really suffers from is loneliness and that tea can cure that too, especially if you have it together with others. Today she was having a huge cup of something that smelled of cinnamon. 

-       Hey Mumu?

-       Yes sweetheart?

-       Don’t you ever have a problem with all the fake stuff in the world?

-       What do you mean honey?

-       I mean like that top layer on top of all the real truths and people’s real dreams. Like the church built on top of old sacred sites. Or the stuff people pretend to be.

-       Not really, darling. Those layers are there for a reason. That’s just the way it works in this world Chrys.

-       Shouldn’t have to though. We could blast everything clean and just be the way we really are. 

-       Right. And scare the living daylight out of people. You know darling, that top layer becomes thinner when we are ready. All our secrets rise up, straight through that layer, in Divine time. When we’re ready.

-       I’m ready.

-       You think so, huh. Be careful what you wish for sweetheart. That’s all I’m saying.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten