donderdag 19 december 2019

Camilla: Violetta and the Pearl 19

-        I figured I would write this story myself. Like you’re doing for Mumu. 

Ruben had come over to hang with me in Mumu’s kitchen. I was home from school, not really sick but just too tired to care about school stuff. 

-        So I did. I wrote the story about the moons.

-        You did?

-        Yep. You wanna hear it?

-        Of course.

He took a sip of the rose petal-lavender tea Mumu kept insisting to make for him.

-        Ok, here it goes.

The two silver moons were inseparable. Way up in higher spheres, they shone and shimmered in electric intimacy. They loved holding light for all their friends and family. They held hands and comforted each other through all the miraculous and unexpected events life brought to them. The highs and the lows. Stars exploded and swirled together with them across the skies.
One day they were faced with the unthinkable. One of them had to leave and move into other spheres, a different world. She needed to bring more light to a world in need of it. He had to stay right where he was and hold the light right there.
Said and done. She descended and was born in a world who needed her light. All the beings of that world looked to her, depended on her. Talked to her, asked questions and whispered their dreams into her silvery softness.
She loved. She was proud to be a moon. And yet, she missed him, the other moon, terribly. She felt alone sometimes. The other light bodies in the sky were so different from her. And she couldn’t quite share the same electricity with the beings who loved and looked up to her.
One day an owl arrived with a message from her love, the other moon. It was a letter written in silvery letters. It said:
“All you need to do is remember, my love. You don’t need to look for me nor reach for me. Just remember and I am with you. How could I not be?”
Her heart almost exploded and she shone brighter in what the other beings would call an inexplicable supermoon happening, for a whole month. People could hardly sleep at night because her light was so bright. It tickled them all to dream and laugh and cry and skinny-dip and howl for their lives.
Even today when you see her, what you are really seeing is two moons in an eternal love story, both holding and lighting up the worlds in their own unique ways.
Never apart and only visible through remembering.

I had no idea what to say. I didn’t really understand anything of his story, but it really made me want to cry. I was stirring my rosemary tea.
-        Wow. That’s a really…different story Rube.
-        You like it?
He looked a bit nervous. I don’t know why, but I felt like this was my story as well as the story about Mumu and Bernie.
-        I like it a lot. It’s beautiful.

He drank his tea and then took my hand.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten